Our Pre-Tryout clinics provide an opportunity for junior girl athletes to brush up on their volleyball skillsets and to help prepare them for our Tryouts for the 2022-2023 season.
The clinics also give our coaches a preview of players’ skills, which combined with the tryouts, will help them to place players on teams that are best suited to their experience and skill levels.
The clinics will cover individual technical skills and position specific skills. Practice drills will help athletes become stronger, more accurate, and more knowledgeable in their volleyball skills and the game of volleyball.
All girls are welcome, including girls who are brand new to volleyball. You do not need to commit to trying out for Aftershock to attend these clinics. They are open to girls ages 10-18 regardless of intent to tryout or past volleyball experience.
When and Where? (All Ages)
Sundays, October 2 and 9.
Piner High School, 1700 Fulton Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Players may attend one or both clinics.
- Players should arrive appropriately dressed, with kneepads.
- Parents who wish to attend to observe may want to bring their own folding chair. Seating may be limited.
$25.00 for each clinic. We accept only cash, checks, money orders or cashier’s checks. If planning to attend both clinics, you will need to pay separately for each clinic.
2022-2023 Season Tryouts
Aftershock tryouts are open to all junior girl athletes. No invitation or past experience is necessary.
Every effort is made to place players on teams that are in alignment with their experience and skill sets.
Please refer to the USA Volleyball Junior Player Age Definition Chart to determine which age group tryout to attend.
UPDATE: Please note that the tryout dates have been changed from our previous post.
Piner High School, 1700 Fulton Rd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403
$50 for both days of tryouts. We accept cash, checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks. Participants are encouraged to attend both days of tryouts.
Tryout Registration Form
Please download and complete the Tryout Registration Form in advance of tryouts and bring it with your payment to your designated tryout. For those who are unable to download and print out the form in advance, we will have blank forms available at tryouts.
- An optional informational meeting with the Club Director will be provided at each tryout approximately 15 minutes after the start of the tryout. Parents new to Aftershock are encouraged to attend one informational meeting.
- Member handbooks will also be available at tryouts, which includes the Fee Schedule, Competition Schedules, and information about the club and how we operate.
- Parents/families who wish to stay to observe may wish to bring their own folding chairs.
- We will follow CDC and CDPH COVID-19 guidance for indoor youth sports programs. We ask participants to self-monitor and to stay home if they are running a fever or have any other COVID-19 or other illness symptoms.
- If you are unable to attend tryouts due to illness, please let the Club Director know so he can work with you on a possible solution. [email protected].
- Since this is an indoor athletic activity, high quality masks are strongly recommended.
- Visit our FAQ’s for more information about club volleyball in general and what to expect from tryouts.
First Team Practice/Parent Meeting and Member Sign-Ups
Sunday, October 30, 2022
Piner High School
1700 Fulton Rd, Santa Rosa
Following tryouts, the coaches will contact players/parents with team placement information. Upon acceptance, players/parents will be informed of next steps, including what time to show up on October 30th for the first team/parent meeting and club member sign-ups. So, please hold this date on your calendars so you don’t miss this mandatory team/parent meeting & practice.