We are pleased to announce an opportunity for female youth volleyball players to safely return to playing volleyball under public health and safety COVID protocols. Though we don’t yet have approval to compete, we would like to offer this program to begin conditioning and preparing our athletes for possible competition opportunities in the coming months, should health and safety guidelines allow.
Girls ages 10 – 18. Beginners are welcome. No previous volleyball experience required.
Following the registration deadline, we will send out an email to all participants with the dates and times for their practices and who their coaches will be. Be sure to note on your registration form if any particular days of the week are problems for you so we can take that into consideration when forming your practice schedule.
The program begins with two weeks of skills assessment clinics to help introduce or reintroduce volleyball fundamentals to the participants.
Players will initially be assigned to a group based on their age but may be moved to a different group after the two-week skills assessment period, depending on their skill level and where we think they might fit best.
Space is limited, so register early to ensure your spot. We will be forming teams based on skill levels, ages, and positions to ensure a positive experience for the players.
After the two-week skills assessment clinics, the next eight weeks will consist of practicing with your assigned group. This means practice drills that focus on developing individual technical skills (serving, setting, digging, spiking and blocking); drills that focus on team strategy, and drills that condition your muscles for endurance.
If, during this 10-week program we are lucky enough to move into the yellow tier, we will be able to add some scrimmages with area volleyball clubs or possibly even attend a tournament. Additional fees would apply and would be subject to group/team agreement to participate.
We are aware that players may not have touched a volleyball in over a year. Please rest assured that players will receive instruction in the safe, caring, and nurturing environment that Aftershock is known for.
- March 29 – June 5, 2021
- Mondays – Fridays, between 5:30 and 9:00pm, and Saturdays (times TBD)
- Twice a week for 1-1/2 hours each practice
- Participants will be expected to self-monitor for COVID symptoms.
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms.
- Let us know if you have contracted COVID, so we can initiate the contact tracing process.
- Read the RETURN TO PLAY SAFETY PLAN.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door upon arrival to your clinic/practice session.
- Players will sanitize their hands upon arrival (hand sanitizer will be provided) and can use the hand sanitizer as often as they wish.
- Only 2 cohort teams per session. They will be separated by one court.
- Balls and courts will be sanitized between sessions.
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Drills will be established to allow for distancing as much as possible.
- Bring your own water, and do not share with others. This is a time when sharing is discouraged!
- We’re very sorry but parents will not be permitted to be in the building to observe during this program. If your beginner player is somewhat shy, this may not be the best way to introduce them to the sport of club volleyball.
Northern California Volleyball Association (NCVA) Headquarters
5621 Skylane Blvd
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- $500 for the 10-week program, due on or before the player’s first clinic.
- We only accept checks or cash. Your player may bring a check with the WAIVER FORM to their first session or you may mail both check and form to:
Aftershock Volleyball Club, PO Box 8023, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
- Fees are non-refundable, except under extenuating circumstances, subject to approval by the Club leadership team.
- If placed on a team, a $70 USAV Membership will be required [NCVA/USAV Membership].
- Registration deadline is 5pm, Sunday, March 21, 2021
- Complete the REGISTRATION FORM
- Read the RETURN TO PLAY SAFETY PLAN
- Complete and sign the WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
We hope to see you soon!